Friday, March 29, 2019

National Vietnam Veterans Day


Of all the post I have seen today commemorating Vietnam Veterans Day, this one says it all for me.

I chose this one for it presents us as we are now. Most of us think of our time in service fondly because we do not remember the bad times, only the good. We remember our friends and fellow warriors.

Sometimes though, late at night when alone with our dreams, we remember the bad. God bless those of you that suffer still. May you gain peace in your life soon.

I caught the tail end of the Vietnam War and served on a Navy Guided Missile Frigate with the understanding that we may get orders to the Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club at any time. Never did.

I did not serve in country but I enjoy these 'Toons from Phil. He has agreed to allow me to re-post his IN-COUNTRY cartoons as they fit the subject I am posting on in the future. Watch for them or visit his site and like his page.

Here is the link to the FB page where Phil post his IN-COUNTRY art. Please link on over and view his work. He is also a graphic artist with quite an array of experience from 'toons to professional advertising. Check out his other work on his main FB page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment